Some useful information
Although CAST is very easy to handle, there are some things you should keep
Some technical issues regarding the browser:
- The total size of all uploaded files must not exceed 20 MBytes,
a single file must not be larger than 5 MBytes.
If you upload files larger than allowed, it may happen that
you don't get
an error message, just a blank page instead. This does not mean
that the system hangs. Just reload the submission page, reduce the
file-size and try again.
- The first file to upload must be the LaTeX file, followed by the
other files (figures), if needed. Find more information about the
files to be submitted
- You may submit a test run to check your application. To this end
uncomment the 'TestRun' entry in the LaTeX file.
- Any communication during test runs is made
via the e-mail address you provide in this web form. The final notification
of the successful submission will be also sent to the P.I.'s
address as specified in the proposal.
- The 'normal' processing needs, depending on the size of the LaTeX
file, approximately 10 - 30 seconds.
Near the deadline this time may be longer as
simultaneous submissions will be queued -
a good reason to send
the proposals well in advance.
- After the submission a process ID is returned and you will get a
message about the processing of you application. This process
ID is not the final proposal ID!
- The successful processing of your proposal will be confirmed by e-mail,
which contains also the proposal ID.
In a separate mail you receive a printable version as sent to the TAC
referees. Please check this postscript file and report any
discrepancies or problems (see below).
- Do not use the "BACK" button of your browser if you want to
repeat any action during the upload procedure. Many browsers
just submit the same information again when going back to the previous
page. Use instead the button "Reload Submission Page" on the
top of the upload pages.
- When filling in the text boxes do not use the "RETURN" key, which
would immediately submit the information. Use instead the "TAB" key
or click into the fields.
In case of problems
If you encounter any problem or difficulty with the submission, please
contact Santos Pedraz (firstname.lastname@example.org) and/or Gilles Bergond (email@example.com).
But beware that near the deadline the amount of submissions uses to increase
considerably and it can be difficult or impossible to help you in an
efficient way. You help us and yourself by preparing your proposal well in